October 27, 2011

Chicken Quesadilla


Recipe numero uno!  It's possible this is my first recipe post because I'm obsessed...OBSESSED I tell you... with Mexican food.  If someone every asks me "Hey Gaby, are you in the mood for Mexican?"  There's never going to be a time when I say "no, not today, good friend I'm about to eat with."  I'm always in the mood for Mexican.   Unfortunately, Mexican, more often than not, makes you fat.  Not anymore, my UnFatty friends!  Without further ado - the UnFatty Gaby Chicken Quesadilla:



Ingredients:
1.5 oz Shredded Chicken Breast
1/2 wedge Laughing Cow Light Queso Fresco & Chipotle cheese wedge
1/4 cup of Fat Free Shredded Cheddar Cheese
2 Trader Joes Whole Wheat, Reduced Carb Tortilla (If no trader joes, find regular low carb wrap/tortilla and cut in half)
1/2 diced Roma Tomato - seeds and insides scooped out.


So -  I'm almost as obsessed with Trader Joe's as I am Mexican food.  These are the tortillas I get.  They are flippin' incredible and 45 calories a pop!  If you can't find them - 1) write a strongly worded letter to Mr. Joe and get him in your area immediately 2) you can find regular low card tortillas at the grocery store - just use one per recipe instead of two.


Directions:
Spread Laughing Cow cheese on one side of one tortilla
Sprinkle 1/2 of the fat free cheddar cheese on top of cheese spread
Sprinkle Tomato and Shredded chicken
Top with 2nd half of Cheddar







Spray skillet with cooking spray.  Let warm up, and put in Quesadilla - cook until cheese melts, or until desired crispyness.  Serve with salsa if desired (salsa is free calories!)



Total Calories: 206

Calories in normal chicken quesadilla: 525

A quick note:  In my world, veggies don't count as calories (except the starchy ones) and fruits are free - but don't get crazy with them.   Jenny Craig allows you one cup plus one piece of fruit, Weight Watchers allows as much as you want - I tend to go right in the middle.  Veggies, however, no holds barred!

2 comments:

  1. Looks amazing and yummy! There's no Trader Joes near me (just their delicious $5 bottled wine in liquor stores) but I'm going to find those tortillas! Love it keep it coming Unfatty Gaby!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!! Cant wait for more my un-fat friend!

    ReplyDelete