November 02, 2011

Sweet Potato Skins



Happy Wednesday, UFG fans! Some big additions to the UnFatty Gaby empire this week! A Facebook page and Twitter! Friend/follow so you never miss a beat :)

In other news, I finally have one of those fancy internet phones! Yesterday, I got my Iphone 4s in the mail! So I promise better quality pictures after the next few blogs! It's a work in progress....

On to today's UFG recipe:
Potato skins and wings are probably two of my favorite bar snacks. (UFG wings coming soon!!). The problem is obvious - one potato skin has more calories than I like to eat in a meal! You KNOW I have a solution! Using sweet potatoes and fat free cream cheese, you'll love these Sweet Potato Skins!




Ingredients:
1 medium sweet potato
1/4 cup fat free cheddar cheese
2 tbsp fat free cream cheese
2 pieces of turkey bacon
chopped broccoli


Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Bake Sweet Potato for 35-45 minutes. When cool enough to handle, cut in half and scoop out insides, but leave a thin layer (I find using a knife is easiest)





Put sweet potato insides in a bowl. Mash together with cream cheese and most of bacon. Put in as much or as little broccoli as you’d like. Divide mixture between both skins and top with cheese. Put under the broiler until melted. Top with remainder of bacon.





Calories: 268 for whole potato
Regular potato skins: 250 calories for one skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment