December 02, 2011

Tre's Stuffed Zuchinni Bites



Lots of news to share you all!
1) I'll finally be back to a regular blogging schedule!  Life is moving so quickly, I can hardly catch up.  This weekend, cooking is the name of the game.
2)  My good friend Beth and I have given ourselves quite the challenge.  We've both bought the BodyMedia Fit Armband System and are hoping for big results!  We will be starting on Sunday (conicindentally, the same day we are going to a grand opening for a new bar, oy!) and are hoping to get to our goal weights by the summer.  I'll be keeping you updated on our progress on here, and will surely dedicate an entire blog to the system as soon as I have it figured out!
3) We have our first guest recipe!  My lovely friend Theresa sent me this recipe for which she is quite famous for!  The mailman and I both loved them, so I'm happy to present to you: Tre's Stuffed Zucchini Bites!  Tre uses the Garlic & Herb Laughing Cow, I used half Chipotle and half Mozzarella & Basil Laughing Cow.  They all work wonderfully, so play around and find your favorite!




Ingredients:
1 zucchini
2 wedge of Laughing Cow (Tre prefers Garlic & Herb)
5 Larger Cherry Tomatoes
2 tsp Low Fat Kraft Parmesean Cheese  (I used my usual Pecorino, you know my feelings on the green can...)

Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
Do not peel the zucchini. Cut the zucchini into wedges (about 1 inch for each wedge).  Scoop out the inside of the zucchini but still leave the bottom part in tact. (Makes a little boat)



Cut the laughing cow wedges into chunks and place in the zucchini.  Slice the cherry tomatoes and place a slice on top of the zucchini.  Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

Bake for 15 minutes.


Calories:  8 per bite

No comments:

Post a Comment