December 12, 2011

Turkey Burgers



Happy Monday!  Great weekend in UFG land.  Friday night, the mailman and I checked out a new bar in town called 1984.  Awesome place - good beers, and vintage arcade games!  I was very good and stuck to my calorie count, tracking each beer as I drank it so as to not go over my daily calorie intake!

Saturday night was my family's Italian 7 Fish Christmas Eve.  I took my food scale, weighed my meal, and still had enough calories left to have a few drinks and a slice of my Mimi's famous pound cake!
Just goes to show you that you CAN go out, socialize and have a good time, without ruining your diet!

Now, onto today's recipe.  Another burger!  This turkey burger uses grated zuchinni.  It not only ups the nutritional count, but it also ads some texture, bulk and I think moisture to lean turkey.  It's a great addition to a filling burger!

I found this great recipe builder that shows you all the nutritional values after you've input your food, so I will now be including a full nutritional rundown with the recipes!  You can find it here.

Hope you love these turkey burgers as much as we do!




Ingredients:
1lb Lean ground turkey (93/7)
1 medium zucchini (grated)
1 small onion (grated)
1 cube Dorot parsley
4 slices fat free singles
4 100 calorie sandwich rounds
season as wanted (garlic powder, etc.)

Grate the zucchini and onion and add into ground turkey, parsley, and garlic powder.  Form into 4 equal size patties (around 4oz each).



Put patties on indoor grill - I have a George Forman that I love.  I put them on the George for about 10 mins at 325 degrees.  Top with one fat free cheese slice and serve on a 100 calorie sandwich round. 





No comments:

Post a Comment