January 30, 2012

Birthday Cupcakes for The Mailman!


Happy Monday, UFG'ers!  Today is the Mailman's birthday, so in honor of, cupcakes!


I had doubts about this recipe working - I know a lot of you have probably seen it before.  Diet soda with cake mix - a WW classic.  I lightened it up even more by using Devil's Food Cake mix and man - they were delish!  I used a non fat cream cheese frosting, but next time I make them, I'd probably skip the frosting and just add some fat free Reddi Whip on the top.  Chocolatey and yummy!  Recipe after the jump:



Ingredients:
12oz diet cream soda
1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix

Frosting:
8oz Fat free cream cheese
2 tbsp Brummel and Brown spread
12 Splenda packets
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp Vanilla

Mix the soda and cake mix and whisk until the lumps are gone.  Separate mix into a cupcake tin equally and follow baking directions on the box.


For the icing, bring all ingredients to room temp.  Mix cream cheese, butter, splenda, sugar and vanilla with a hand mixer until fluffy.  Keep in refrigerator to set until cupcakes are cooled completely. 




Calories: 171 per cupcake

No comments:

Post a Comment