February 22, 2012

Body Media Link Armband - Part Deux



Well, UFG'ers - here's a lesson for you:  I hate bad customer service.  Hate.  For the better part of 2 months, my BodyMedia Link Armband hasn't been working properly.  I've spend more time resetting it because it froze than it has tracking anything.  So today, I finally had time to call customer service.  Now, keep in mind, the BodyMedia Customer Service is only available from 9-5 Monday through Friday.  Strike 1.  What consumer is available during that time!?  Not me, that's for sure. 
I call them and say I'd like my money back, because it's getting ridiculous how much I CAN'T use the armband.  I tell them it's freezing 2 - 3 times a week and I'm now disenchanted with the product.  (Although I'm sure I used stronger words....). 

What's Strike 2?  They won't refund my money.  The only course of action is to send me another armband.  Now - I've been practically unable to use it 2 out of the 3 months I've had this thing...and they won't refund?  Bad customer service!  Why would I waste my valuable time on something I've already experienced not working?  Makes zero sense to me.

Strike 3?  I have to send them the broken armband BEFORE they send me a new one!  Now, I'll give them one thing - they send you a shipping label.  It's the least they can do, really.  But the whole thing is a process I'd rather not go through. 

The moral of the story is this:  Although I'll still be wearing the armband (if the new one works), I'll no longer be endorsing it.   If you can't at least offer a partial refund for your defunct product, than you don't deserve an endorsement. 

If you have a similar story, I'd love to hear it! 

1 comment:

  1. Customer service is half the product. Just like when I go to a restaurant, if I receive poor service it doesn't matter how good the food is, I won't return. Unfortunate that they don't see it that way!

    ReplyDelete