February 07, 2012

Chicken Gyro


Hi UFG'ers!
Geez has life been busy!
With 3 jobs and a blog, it's hard to find time - so unfortunately, the blog has been pushed to back burner a bit - so I'll update when I can and always post on my Facebook when there's updates!
Today - I bring you Chicken Gyros!  A lot of prep work, but a breeze to put together once it's done! I hope you enjoy :)






Ingredients:
1lb shaved Chicken or ground chicken
2 heaping tbsp nonfat greek yogurt
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 clove minced garlic
sprinkle of oregano

Mix above ingredients and let sit overnight to marinate.



For tzatziki:

Ingredients:
14-16 oz plain, fat free greek yogurt (strained overnight)
1 medium cucumber, grated and drained
1 tsp lemon juice
1 gloved crushed garlic
dill and oregano as desired.
Mix and let sit overnight.



Add chicken to a skillet and cook through.  Each pita (I use whole wheat mini-pita's from Trader Joe's) will get 4oz (raw) of chicken.  Top with 1 tbsp of tzatziki, lettuce and tomato.  Enjoy!




Calories: 290

No comments:

Post a Comment