April 09, 2012

I'm baaaaaaack!


I'm back! So much has happened since I last blogged.  Let me catch you up:

1) When I decided to take a break from blogging - I had no less than 4 jobs.  4!  Ridiculous.  I had no time for anything.  My family, my friends, The Mailman, etc.  Since then, I've secured a FULL TIME JOB!  First one in 2 1/2 years that's not a commission based job.  Amazing.  So far I'm loving it and really enjoying have 1 job and 2  non-time consuming freelance jobs.  This leaves time for UFG and those who matter around me.

2) I've (finally) joined a gym.  With a full time jobby came a regular paycheck. Yessss.  I joined Planet Fitness (can't beat $10/month!) and it's right across the parking lot from work - so NO EXCUSES!  The new plan is to do a 20 minute workout in the mornings before work, and cardio at the gym after work - at least 3 days a week.

3) I'm a Godmother! The Mailman and I have been asked to be the Godparents of Baby Helena, my niece.  We are thrilled.  This gives me a month to not look gross in pictures.  Please see #2.   How stinkin' cute is this kid!?


4) I turned 29.  I have one more year of my 20's!  I'm determined to make it a good one.  I started working the month after I graduated college and I haven't slowed down since.  4 states, multiple jobs, and countless working hours later - I'm almost 30!   I've been a big ball of stress for about 6 years - and man am I ready to let that go!  This year - I'm going to slow down and enjoy life.  For the first time in 3 years, The Mailman and I are taking a vacation!  We're going to a music festival and have fun things planned for this summer.  ....And finally.. I'll have the time to enjoy it!

5) I'm changing the way I blog.  Not only will I continue to post Mailman approved recipes, but I'll be posting product reviews as well.  Whether it's a new food product, or a new workout, I'll be giving you my opinion!  Be on the lookout for my first review of the new Laughing Cow Veggie Cream Cheese!

So UFG'ers, let's get back on track! Time to move on from the past of a stressful, beyond busy life and start enjoying my last year of my 20's!  Join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment