April 13, 2012

New Laughing Cow Garden Veggie Cream Cheese


I'm a big Laughing Cow fan.  Big.  We have all the flavors.  So, naturally, when I saw the new cream cheese flavors, I texted the mailman immediately and asked him which he would like, Veggie or Strawberry.  We chose Veggie and off I went day dreaming about what I could do with it!
Here's what the folks at Laughing Cow say about it:
"Made with real garden vegetables to give you more flavor to savor. And at 45 calories per wedge, this creamy spread will keep you light on your toes!"
Flavor to savor, indeed.  This stuff is great.  I ate it on a light english muffin, toasted with a piece of ham for breakfast.  Delish!   It really does taste like cream cheese and I love the subtle hints of the vegetable flavor.
Last night, I melted some down over shrimp and shirataki noodles.  Awesomeness.  I can't wait to buy another pack so I can try some sort of primavera dish!
This stuff is a must-try.  Is it a replacement for keeping fat free cream cheese in the house?  Certainly not - as buying the plain version would be more expensive than just buying a block of fat free cream cheese (not to mention that it's 1/3 less fat, and not fat free...).  That being said,  if you stick with the flavored ones and stock up when they are on sale - you won't regret it!

Nutritional Information from Laughing Cow:




No comments:

Post a Comment