April 30, 2012

Shrimp Burgers



Oh hey, Monday!
How was everyone's weekend?  Lots of celebrations in my family this weekend, all kicked off with a wicked migraine.  I had NEVER had a migraine in my life, and man do I hope I never have one again.  Horrible. 
At any rate, I'm super excited to share this recipe with you today.  It's something that I've been conceptualizing in my head for quite awhile, and I'm so glad they turned out so well.   You may notice that these shrimp burgers don't come with a sauce.  That's because they don't need one.  They are so juicy and succulent and you'll be licking your fingers clean!
As always, please let me know how they turn out if you make them - I'm always anxious to hear how my recipes turn out for other people!
Recipe after the jump.




Ingredients: (makes 6 burgers)
2lbs peeled, deveined extra lg shrimp
1 tsp finely chopped parsley (or 1 Dorot cube)
1 finely chopped garlic clove
2 tbsp finely chopped onions
1 tsp lemon zest
quick squeeze of lemon juice (not quite the juice of 1/2 a lemon)
2 tsp Old Bay
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
2 tbsp nonfat greek yogurt

Put half the shrimp in a food processor with parsley, garlic, onions, lemon zest and juice and Old Bay.  Pulse about 5-6 times.  Roughly dice the remainder of the whole shrimp.  Mix pureed and chopped shrimp together with yogurt and panko.



Spray a skillet with nonstick spray and heat over medium high heat.  (I recommend using a cast iron skillet, it really makes a difference)
While the skillet heats, form the shrimp into 6 patties.



Put patties into hot skillet and sear on each side.  Then cook about 5 mins per side.



I served it simply on a thin deli round and with some lettuce.

Calories: 176 per burger without bun

No comments:

Post a Comment