May 02, 2012

Review: Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein


Happy Hump Day!  It's rainy and gray here in Delaware today, and I know I'm going to have trouble going to the gym after work.  Good thing I have my  Body Fortress Whey Protein Shake to give me the boost that I'll need!

I love this stuff.  I had read a few blogs awhile back saying that drinking a protein shake not only helps build lean muscle, but it helps break down fats in your system.  I have a super slow metabolism and need all the help I can get.  So I set off in search of the perfect protein shake.




Walmart, friends.  I got this 'ish at Walmart! And dirt cheap! AAAAnd it's the best that I've tried!  I had originally ventured to the land of Walmart for the Jillian Michael's protein shake.  That offered a tiny container of powder, 15 grams of protein and a hefty price tag.  I love Jillian.  Love.  But I don't love overpriced products.  I saw the huge tub of Body Fortress and the impressive $22 price tag and took out my iphone and googled it immediately.  Good reviews, good price...and when I got home.. delish!

I use one scoop of the chocolate flavor in 8oz of water about an hour before I go to the gym.  It works wonders.  I don't know about the breaking down fats part, but it definitely gives me the energy to get to the gym and have an effective workout.  When you mix it with milk, it's like a wonderfully frothy milkshake.  I definitely don't mind it with water, as it takes out the added calories that milk puts in.  At 140 calories for 1 scoop with water, it's pretty much the perfect pre-gym snack.

Here's what Body Fortress has to say on their site:
Body Fortress® Super Advanced Whey Protein delivers a powerful blend of premium proteins and the perfect combination of BCAAs athletes need to support lean muscle mass and maximize their training.
Featuring a scientifically designed Super Recovery Blend to further enhance the benefits of our premium Whey Protein Blend, each scoop provides high quality creatine in combination with the important amino acids crystalline taurine and glutamine.
The combination of potent ingredients within the Super Recovery Blend are important for athletes since they allow faster recovery during high-intensity workouts. Not only will the Super Recovery Blend help recharge muscle energy stores, but it may help decrease mental fatigue during exercise as well so you can keep training hard

Try this stuff out if you're looking for a good, lower cal protein shake.  I'm no expert on protein, but this stuff got great reviews, and I like it a lot.  (Not to mention, easy on your wallet!)

5 comments:

  1. Actually, the one you have listed is only $15 at Walmart and $13 if you order online in bulk. They Whey Isolate is the $22 I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh - right you are! Even better! Thanks, Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use this brand for my workout smoothie (bananas, berries, soy milk) and I love it! #HustleHard

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right now, Body Fortress Whey Protein Powder, Chocolate, 31.2 Ounces (Pack of 2) is for $31.96 at: http://dealsportal.net/Detail/1612

    ReplyDelete