May 11, 2012

Spanakopita Cups



Happy Friday, UFG Fans!
So - here's the latest on the detox diet.  I had to stop.  I lost 4 lbs in 3 days, and then had to get blood work done, and didn't want the results to be skewed.  All in all, here are my thoughts:
  • The first 3 days of this diet are where it's at.  Never with anything have I felt more cleansed than I did on the first 3 days of fruits and veggies.  And really - how bad can only eating fruits and veggies be?!
  • I haven't lost 4lbs since I was on Jenny Craig.  For the past 3 years, I've been steadily gaining weight, no matter what diet I've tried.  So to me, 4lbs is 4lbs and I'll take it. 
  • If this helps me not look bloated and fat at my niece's christening, then I'll be all over the first 3 days again before the event.
So there you have it!
Now on to today's recipe.  It was requested by my friend Amy for more Greek food, so here you have it - Spanakopita cups!   Perfect for a party or appetizer, these little nuggets of Greek are deeeelish.  Next time I make them, I'll probably add a clove of garlic and some nutmeg in there for a little more flavor, but they are great as is.  Recipe after the jump!




Ingredients:
10oz package of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
20 fillo cups (found in the freezer section) - keep frozen
3 tbsp finely chopped onions
2 cubes Dorot chopped Parsley
3.5 oz fat free feta cheese
3 tbsp egg beaters
salt/pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  (Tip: keep the fillo cups frozen.  They are pre-cooked, so keep them frozen to avoid over cooking in the oven).
Saute onions, parsley salt and pepper.  when done, add to spinach with crumbled feta and add egg beaters.



Put the fillo cups inside a mini cupcake tin and fill equally with mixture.  Make sure you try to evenly distribute the feta!



Cook for about 10 mins and serve warm.



Calories: 64 calories per cup

No comments:

Post a Comment