June 01, 2012

Apple Chicken Sausage



It's Friiiiiiiiiiiiday!  I know I say this every week, friends - but geez is time flying.  Does that mean I'm old?
This week has gone by so quickly I can hardly believe it. 
Today's recipe is now a house favorite.  The mailman has the same breakfast every morning: egg beaters, turkey bacon and weight watchers cheese on either a whole wheat english muffin or deli round, 2 yogurts and a banana.
Well....we ran out of turkey bacon. 
A small problem to the rest of the world - but a huge issue for the mailman. He's a creature of habit...
So...I made chicken sausage!
Now, to all you professional cooks out there - I used a Red Delicious apple.  The SHAME! An eating apple for a cooked recipe?  That's right.  I did it.  It's the apple I had on hand, and it was on sale.  (Professional cooks would have used a granny smith, or something "more hardy")
Well, these sausage patties are awesome, and they have saved the mailman's mornings!  Happy Weekend! Recipe after the jump




Ingredients:
1 pack of ground chicken
1 apple (I ended up only using about 3/4 of an apple)
1.5 tbsp of Locatelli cheese
2 tsp dried sage
pinch of garlic powder
pepper to taste

Peel and finely dice the apple.   Add all ingredients and form into about 12 patties. 




Heat skillet (cast iron if you have it) and cook for 5 mins per side, or until done. 



Drain on a paper towel and enjoy!



Calories: 62 per pattie

No comments:

Post a Comment