June 27, 2012

UFG Creamy Pesto


Happy Hump Day!

Let me start by telling you one of my favorite things about summer:  Herbs from my garden.  I always do the staples: Basil, Mint, Rosemary and Parsley.  Amazing.  I put them in and on everything. 
Imagine my shock and sadness when I looked up how many calories are in my favorite summer time savory treat ever, Pesto.  SHOCK AND SADNESS, friends!

Well, I fixed that right up with my UFG Creamy Pesto.  It only uses 1 tbsp of olive oil (so make it a good one!) and fat free ricotta.  Holy crap is it delish.  I use all the herbs.  Every single one of them.  Not just basil.  So be creative with your pesto - change it up! Every result is amazing.

I'm pretty sure I'll be eating this all summer long.
Recipe after the jump!




Ingredients:
Fresh herbs (I used mostly basil, some mint, rosemary, and parsley) - probably around a cup
1 tbsp good olive oil
2 tbsp fat free ricotta
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp Locatelli cheese

Put all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. 



Will make around 3/4 cup of pesto.  I served over Smart Taste pasta and shrimp - but it's amazing on chicken, burgers, turkey - anything!



Calories: 180 for full recipe
Calories in regular pesto: around 1239 per cup

No comments:

Post a Comment