July 03, 2012

I Failed At Cauliflower Pizza Crust



Well, UFG'ers - it's officially summer.  A\C is pumping and I'm in a constant state of glowing.  Summer also means it's sun dress time - my favorite!
So I did a lot of cooking this weekend.  First up was something I've waited a long time to make - cauliflower pizza crust.  Now - mine failed.  BUT! My failed because it was too thin.  Stick to a 9" round pan, and this recipe is awesome.   The Mailman isn't a big fan of cauliflower, so I think he was glad that my crust fell apart, but I'll definitely be making this for myself.  Give it a try and play around with it - let me know how you find it!
NOTE: I'm no longer listing calories.  It was brought to my attention by someone who knows her stuff that everyone counts calories differently.  For example, I don't count veggies or spices.  Some do.  It's a science, and I'm no scientist.  However, continue to trust that every recipe I post is healthy.  It's low calorie and it will help the end result! Feel free to copy and paste my recipes into whatever you count your calories with! 










Ingredients:
1 medium head of cauliflower
1 cup fat free ricotta
1/4 cup egg beaters
garlic powder to taste
other seasoning to taste (I used Italian blend)

Preheat overn to 450 degrees.  Grind raw cauliflower in a food processor.  (Get a Ninja.  Trust.)



Mix ground cauliflower with all other ingredients and stir together well.  (use about 1 1/2 cups of ground cauliflower - you may not need it all)



Form the "dough" into a 9" pie plate covered in tin foil and sprayed with nonstick spray.  Spray the top with a bit of nonstick spray on the top of cauliflower dough.  Put in the oven for about 20 mins, or until golden brown on the top.
Let it cool and cover with your favorite toppings and cook as you would pizza.

Mine is not in a 9" plate - but it should have been.  Here's kind of what it looks like:


No comments:

Post a Comment