July 11, 2012

Pineapple Chicken






Happy Hump Day, UFG'ers!
Last night, The Mailman and I did the most fun activity of our summer so far: A movie on the roof of a grocery store! (And my favorite grocery store at that)  We watched JAWS on the roof of the Shop Rite in Wilmington. So awesome.  I had never seen the movie, and have never watched a movie on a roof - so a win/win all around!  Summer is a great time in the city of Wilmington, De!

I'm pretty excited to share this recipe with you today.  The Mailman thought it was Asian inspired, I thought it Hawaiian, so make it and let me know what you think!  I could literally eat this everyday it's so good. 

Recipe after the jump:





1 pack skinless, boneless chicken thighs 
12 oz. can of  crushed pineapple in 100% juice
1  tsp. mustard
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 c.ketchup

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a saucepan, add everything but the chicken and stir until married together. 


 Brown chicken in an oven safe skillet on both sides.  Once browned, add sauce to top.  Bake in a 350 degree oven until finished - about 35mins.  



Serve with brown rice and a colorful salad!  




No comments:

Post a Comment