August 29, 2012

Caprese Chicken Burgers






Happy Hump Day UFGers!  So I've been carb free for 3 weeks - and I'm 4 pounds down! What started as a week experiment has really turned into the most healthy thing I've done.  My digestive system is better, I'm feeling better, and best of all, ACTUALLY losing weight!
I can't say enough how wonderfully supportive The Mailman has been.  It's made this whole transition so much easier. 
The struggle has been coming up with creative carb free recipes to share with you all.  I'll admit - I've been drawing a blank.  It's been a lot of salads and protein in my life, and nothing really too creative.
This burger is one that I just haven't gotten around to putting up.  Holy crap it's awesome.  My love affair with fresh herbs and sun dried tomatoes is well documented - and this burger is no exception.  I served it on a lite english muffin and with half a Weight Watchers Garlic and Herb cheese wedge.  Deeeeeeelish! Recipe after the jump!





Ingredients:
1 pack lean ground chicken
1 clove garlic
bunch of herbs (to taste) - I used mostly basil with some parsley, rosemary and a teeny bit of mint
4-5 sun-dried tomatoes

In a food processor, blend together the herbs, garlic and sun-dried tomatoes.


Add mixture to chicken and form into 4 equal sized patties.





Cook on stove top for about 5 mins per side, then bake in the oven at 425 for 15 mins or until juices run clear.



Serve with or without a bun!

2 comments: