August 07, 2012

Oh Hey...It's Been Awhile...





 I didn't forget about you.  I promise.  I'm kind of a big deal and am busy.  Also - vacation! Glorious, wonderful, vacation!





If you follow me on The Face, you know that I'm making a serious effort to go no carb.  Guys.....it's hard. 

 This is what stares at me at the next desk over all day long
 COOKIES AND CREAM HERSHEY BARS ARE MY FAVE! ughhhhh. 

At any rate - that's my newest challenge.  The Mailman thinks I need to start working out in the morning and not after work.  He also ate cheesesteaks and pizzas until he met me, so what does he know!? (he totally has a good point, but getting up early is hard, y'all!)  

So let's break it down: 
Challenge #1) As carb free as possible for 2 weeks or longer if it works. 
Challenge #2) Gym in the morning instead of after work.  

This is totally going to cut into my night time TV time with the Mailman since I'll have to go to bed earlier. But that's his point.  I get up, go to work, work out, then come home and sit on the couch.  What am I doing with that energy? Nothing! I'm letting it DIE! 

That's dramatic - but you get the point.  The Mailman is right (this is a big step in our relationship). 



Anyway - so, I'm sure there will be low carb recipes coming your way on this here blog of mine.  So far, here's what I've been eating: 

Breakfast: 4% Cottage Cheese(about 1/2 cup)  with 3 strawberries and 2 tbsp of whole roasted Flax Seeds and a hard boiled egg.
Snack: Part Skim Trader Joes Cheese Stick and 5-6 pieces of turkey pepperoni (I could live in turkey pepp.)
Lunch: Big ass salad with about 1 tbsp of dressing (EVOO, Apple Cider Vinegar and herbs) and a protein (ham slices, chicken..you get the point)
Snack: hard boiled egg
Dinner:  Last night it was chicken tacos with Trader Joes Low Carb tortillas.  Tonight, Chicken sausage and veggies. 

So.. that's that.  Any good low carb recipe ideas? (dessert pleeeeeeeeease!!!!)





1 comment:

  1. When I did low carb my only saving grace was that I could eat Cool Whip.. mountains and mountains of Cool Whip (sugar free!)

    ReplyDelete