September 25, 2012

Cloud (Carb free) Bread


Happy Tuesday, UFG friends!  Today's recipe is very interesting - and I'm anxious to get to it.  
Tomorrow is my GI doctor appointment.  I'm nervous, I'm anxious, I'm excited, and I'm scared.  I'm excited to (hopefully) finally figure out what's wrong with me, but I'm scared to death of the diagnosis.  No doubt, tomorrow will change a lot of things. 
In fitness news - I got super duper bored of the gym.  I started trying some different classes to get me out of my funk! Blog to come soon - but so far, Zumba, Turbo Kickboxing, and something called Skinny Barre have all been taken.  I have a few more different classes to take - and then I'll blog about my experience. It's been so interesting to try all these classes - I can't wait to share it with you! 
In professional news - I'm officially a published Marketing professional.  Very exciting.  Big ups to my bff Megabites for the opportunity! 
On to this Cloud Bread.  I'd seen it on Pinterest a bajillion times, and finally decided to try it.  You know what?  I love it! I used it with tuna, with a burger, and for a breakfast sammie.  It's not reallllllllly bread - but it does the trick.  I'm definitely planning on adding some spices to it and jazzing it up.  Recipe after the jump! 





Ingredients:
3 large eggs , separated
3 tbsp cream cheese
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 pack, Stevia

Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.  CAREFULLY separate your eggs.   In one bowl, mix together the yolks, cream cheese and stevia until smooth.  

In the other bowl, mix the cream of tartar and egg whites.  Beat until it has super stiff peaks.  (mine weren't as fluffy because I have no patience.  This step matters.)  


Carefully fold the yolks into the whites.  Verrrrrryyyyy slowly and carefully.  Do this until no white streaks remain.  
Line 2 cookie sheets with foil and spray with nonstick spray.  With a large spoon, "scoop" the mixture into 12 even rounds - about the size of McD's bun.  Bake on the middle rack for between 20-30 minutes, until golden brown.  WATCH THEM - every oven is different! 



Remove from the pans, and cool them.  Don't eat them yet!  Let them sit overnight in a ziplock bag, and the consistency will change completely from meringues to rolls! 


No comments:

Post a Comment