November 06, 2012

Shredded Ranch Chicken


Happy Election Day, UFG'ers!  I hope you take the time to get out and vote today.  No matter which way you lean, it's an important thing to do!
Between weddings, babies, and family and networking functions, The Mailman and I have been busy as usual!  I'm still loving my classes that I'm taking, but felt like I needed a little more.  So, if you follow me on Facebook you know, I bought an under the desk cycler!  I'M SO PUMPED ABOUT IT! Last night, I cycled during Wheel of Fortune and brought it to work with me today.  Check it out:
Today's recipe is awesomely versatile! After shredding the chicken, there's numerous things you can do with it! I put it over salad, added greek yogurt and made ranch chicken salad, warmed it up and put it in a low carb tortilla with some shredded cheese, and added it to some Shirataki noodles with some fat free cream cheese for ranch chicken pasta! Yummy yummy!  Recipe after the jump!




Ingredients:
2 medium to large chicken breasts
2 tbsp dried parsley
1 tsp dill
1 tsp garlic powder
1.5 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning blend
1/2 tsp pepper
pinch of salt

Add all ingredients in crock pot with a few tbsps of water.  Cook on low for 4-5 hours, until cooked through and shreds easily.  Shred with two forks, or wait to cool and shred with fingers.  Store in refrigerator for up to a week.
How easy is that!? You're going to love it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment