January 23, 2013

Garlic Baked Shrimp and Fish



Happy Hump Day, UFG'ers!  I was down and out yesterday with the stomach flu. (and I still have it today, but had to get out of the house and go to work!)  The stomach flu is going around hard core right now - so sanitize and be safe! It's pretty much the worst thing ever.  I was finally able to hold down some egg noodles and butter around 7pm last night.  This morning - no such luck with food.  My breakfast smoothie is sitting on my desk untouched, and I'm slooooowly sipping on some herb tea.  Pepto Bismal and I are BFF's.  

As far as the new diet - I'm 10lbs down as of this morning!  It hasn't been easy - it's taken a huge amount of discipline and will power, but The Mailman has been amazing, and I've lost more weight in the past month and a half than I ever hoped! 

Recipe time! This. Is. Garlic-y.  The dish as a whole doesn't cook for long, so next time I make it, I'll pre-cook the garlic, because it's practically raw as is, but maaaaaaan it's delish! Recipe after the jump!





Ingredients:
around 1lb of peeled, raw shrimp
2 10oz tilapia filets, cubed
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
2 tbsp melted butter alternative (We use Brummel and Brown)
1/4 cup shredded parm cheese
1 tbsp dried parsley
1/2 tbsp lemon zest
juice from 1/2 lemon
1 tsp paprika
4 minced garlic cloves
2 scallions, chopped - greens only
pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.  Mix shrimp, fish, lemon juice, paprika, garlic, scallions and pepper.  (pre-cook the garlic if you like a less intense garlic taste!) Put into a baking dish.


In another bowl, combine panko, parm, melted butter, parsley and zest until mealy, spread on top of shrimp. 






Bake for about 12 minutes, until shrimp is pink and fish is cooked through. 


1 comment: