January 14, 2013

Mustard Chicken Meatloaf Minis


Happy Monday, UFG family!
How's everyone doing on those New Year's resolutions? Mine are still going strong!  I indulged a bit this weekend - but am ready to hit the gym extra hard this week, starting tonight with boot-camp 
How do you combat a weekend of over-indulgence?

I'm pretty excited about today's recipe - my first in awhile.  The Mailman has been really into artisanal mustards (it suprised me too...), so for Christmas I got him a sampler pack from Trader Joe's - my favorite of all grocery stores!  It had 5 different types of mustard - and for this recipe, I chose the Basil Mustard.  Yummy.


I love that this recipe is proportioned and ready at the press of the microwave for an easy weeknight meal.  Hope you enjoy!




Ingredients:
1lb extra lean ground chicken
1 egg
1 small carrot, shredded
1 small squash or 1/2 medium squash, shredded
Trader Joe's 21 Season Salute, to taste (we like a lot!)
2 scallions, greens only
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
2 dashes of Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp of good Dijon mustard per muffin tin

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Mix all ingredients, except mustard.



Portion out into about 10 regular sized muffin tins.  Spread 1 tsp of mustard per meatloaf.



Bake for about 20 minutes, or until chicken is done cooking.

That's it! Couldn't be easier - or more delish!  By my calculations (I don't count veggies) these come in at about 140 calories per muffin!









No comments:

Post a Comment