April 16, 2013

Chia Seed Strawberry Jam & Bridal Boot - Camp Week 1



 Happy Tuesday, UFG'ers!  Sunday was the end of UFG Bridal Boot-Camp Week 1, and it went pretty well!  Let's check out my progress:

Alllllllright.  So I only did one workout on Wednesday and didn't get to it on Sunday (it was a rough day...), BUT I did spend 2 hours at the gym on Thursday, so I feel pretty good about it!
Boot-Camp along with me, won't you?  Download the tracker here.

On to today's recipe!  My love of Chia Seeds is well documented.  This jam is great.  Don't expect store-bought taste, because you won't get it.  This is raw! (stay tuned for version 2, where I cook the strawberries first.)   Now, I ground up the chia seeds because The Mailman doesn't like the texture of them - but let me know if you try it with whole ones!  This jam would be great with peanut butter, on top of banana slices, or on a light dessert!
Recipe after the jump!




Ingredients:
1 cup sliced strawberries
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp chia seeds
Stevia to taste (I used 2 tsp)

Combine all ingredients and blend in a processor (or, combine all but chia seeds and blend, then add chia seeds and stir - if you'd like to have the texture of the seeds).  

  


Let it sit overnight, covered, in the fridge.  
Then enjoy! 



Remember - this only makes a little bit, because it's fresh! No preservatives like store bought jelly - so it won't stay good for long.  Make only as much as you will use in a week! 

3 comments:

  1. That jam looks super tasty! And oh ya, I DO own a Magic Bullet. BOOM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had it on a PB&J last night - soooo much better than store bought jelly! Tasted like ACTUAL strawberries! The Magic Bullet is amazing.

      Delete