May 17, 2013

UFG Not-So-Devilish Eggs


Friday!!!!!
Happy Friday friends! Lots to update you on - sorry I've been so quiet!  I'm 25lbs down so far and am really seeing a difference from the UFG Bridal Boot Camp.  My arms are getting toned and I'm definitely losing inches! All good things.
I got myself a part time jobby at a gym! I haven't had time to work out there yet, since the Mailman and I have been nonstop.
Side note:  I feel like I say that all the time.  In fact - I just got the following text from the Mailman: "I'm a different kind of exhausted today.  Like, I need a week off from any activity exhausted."  I believe we've over-extended ourselves.  I could barely get out of bed this morning.  The worst part?  There's no signs of things slowing down until the end of June! Fingers crossed for a more relaxing July! 
Back to the part time job.  It's at Plexus Fitness in Wilmington.  The staff and the members could not be more awesome and I'm pumped about it.  I don't even see the money from it - it goes right into the wedding account! Easy job to help pay for the wedding, and an easy job to keep afterwards to have fun money! Snaps all around.

In other news: I'm on the hunt for a non-dairy, sugar free all natural protein! Is Pea Protein the answer to my prayers?  Any UFG'ers out there who have tried it?  Give me your thoughts in the comments!

We had a great Mother's Day this past weekend.  I made these Not So Devilish Eggs and they were a hit!  Of course there's a secret ingredient and OF COURSE it's cauliflower! I love pureeing cauliflower into things almost as much as I love Chia seeds.   You're friends will never know these deviled eggs are actually angelic!   This makes a big batch - 18 whole eggs, so you'll be ready to feed a crowd! Recipe after the jump!




Ingredients:
18 hard boiled eggs - cooled
1/2 plus a few tbsp pureed cauliflower
1tbsp mayo (I use the kind made with olive oil)
2 tsp dijon mustard
4 1/2 of the egg yolks
1 tbsp relish
pepper to taste
sprinkle paprika

Bake your eggs to hard boil (see recipe link above!) and plunk them in an ice bath to cool.  De-shell and cut in half.  Discard all the yolks except for 4 1/2 of them.
I used frozen cauliflower - a few ounces of it should get you enough.  I thawed it and then pureed it with the mayo until it was creamy.  In a bowl, mix the egg yolks, cauliflower puree, mustard, relish, and pepper.  Use salt if you must - but make it a good sea salt and not table salt! Mix until creamy.  Taste for seasoning and add accordingly.



Put the mixture in a zippered sandwich bag and cut the tip.  Add a little to each egg until it runs out! Sprinkle the top with paprika and serve.



Magic Bullet Hi-Speed Blender / Mixer System (Google Affiliate Ad)
Dash Egg Cooker (Google Affiliate Ad)

No comments:

Post a Comment