June 03, 2013

The Ultimate UFG Picnic



Happy Monday, UFG'ers!

It's Day 1 of UFG June Bridal Boot Camp!  Have you downloaded the workout yet?  Had a great workout this morning.
It's only takes about 10 minutes (if you take a break between sets) - but you'll sweat!  (especially if you're on the east coast and haven't turned the air on like myself and The Mailman!!).

I had a packed schedule this weekend - and it included a family reunion with my super awesome Italian family.  It's always so great seeing cousins I haven't seen in years!  (Don't worry, I supplied the wine...)

I ate way more than I should have - and am feeling the bloated effects today!  It got me thinking - what would I serve at UFG Family Reunion?   So today, I'm linking up to some past recipes to make the Ultimate UFG Picnic!  
Full menu after the jump: 



Apps: 
First up would absolutely be UFG Not So Devilish Eggs!  
and finally - a modified UFG Sweet Potato Skins (I'd use full fat cheese and just less of it!)

Main dishes: 
Lasagna for sure! 
Chicken Rolls - my Brooklyn love! 
Baked Garlic Shrimp and Fish for those who don't like chicken
and definitely the deliciousness that is Shrimp Burgers! 

Sides: 
Can't have a picnic without Mac and Cheese
Pierogies fill out the sides perfectly! 

Every picnic needs desserts! 
A Mailman Staple (he requests them on the regular) - Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes
Chocolate Cupcakes (I'd use whipped cream for frosting instead of the frosting used in this recipe)
...and since there's a recipe for them, and they're awesome:  Whole Wheat Cream Filled Donuts

Round the whole picnic out with pitchers of Crystal Light Margarita and Peach Bellini and plenty of Lemon Water

What would you add to the list?  Any cocktail ideas? 

No comments:

Post a Comment