June 11, 2013

UFG Orange Chicken


Happy Tuesday, UFG'ers!
Funny thing about today's recipe:  I've had it for months and forgot about it!  It's good.  Really good.  I'm so glad I found it and can share it with you!

Things are going well in wedding land - semi on track with the UFG Bridal Boot Camp and getting ready for our engagement pictures at the end of this month!  I also finished my first wedding craft!  Check it out!


Very proud of myself, haha.
Today's recipe after the jump - I hope you love it!






Ingredients:
1 large boneless skinless chicken breast and 1 boneless skinless chicken thigh, cut into chunks
1 tbsp coconut oil
Juice from one large orange
orange zest to taste (I used about 1 tbsp)
1 t fresh ginger, grated
2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 tsp sriracha sauce (or less, depending on your taste!)
garlic powder to taste
onion powder to taste
frozen veggies of your choice (the amount is up to you!)

In large skillet, melt coconut oil and brown chicken.  Add orange juice, soy sauce, sriracha, garlic and onion powder and ginger.  




When reduced down, add zest and frozen veggies.  When veggies warm through and sauce thickens again, remove from heat.  








Serve over brown rice or eat plain! 
Makes 1 UFG serving and 1 Mailman serving (or 3 UFG servings!)

No comments:

Post a Comment