August 19, 2013

Balsamic Poached Chicken


Happy Monday!
I'm baaaaack! (at least for now)  I can come up with a million exucses as to why I haven't blogged in a month - but the bottom line, friends?  I'm flippin' busy\exhausted\don't feel like being in front of a computer at home after being in front of a computer at work!
But I'm still UFG - and I'm still bringing you mailman approved recipes!

UFG-Mailman Wedding update!
Engagement pics are done and we're obsessed with them!



Today's recipe is amazing.  You can find it in a lot of different places - and some of them add some extra ingredients - like soy sauce.  For me - simple is the way to go.  3 ingredients - chicken breasts, chicken stock, and balsamic vinegar.  It results in the most amazingly moist and flavorful chicken you'll ever have.   Please let me know if you try it!
Recipe after the jump:





Ingredients:
1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup balsamic vinegar
1can sodium free chicken broth

Bring vinegar and broth to a boil.  Add chicken and if necessary, add water to cover.  Let simmer for about 5 minutes.  Take off the heat and cover.  Let sit until cooked, probably about 15-20mins depending on the size of chicken breasts.

Remove chicken from liquid and set aside.  Return liquid to stove and let it simmer and reduce for about 15 minutes.



Cut chicken and cover with reduced liquid.

That's it! 3 ingredients - 30 minutes.  This recipe couldn't be easier or more delicious.  It's become a favorite in my house - and I've done the same technique with turkey and pork!  I always serve it with a fresh salad and some rice for the mailman.  Rarely are there leftovers!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment