January 21, 2014

Whole Wheat Pancakes



I'm baaaaaaaaack!
SO much has been going on! New(ish) job, 4 months until the wedding, and a new exercise routine! Friends - I've discovered spinning.  Big shout out to friends AK and Shannon for the introduction.  I'm hooked.  It's amazing.  I've never sweat so much in my life - and during last night's class, burned a not-to-shabby 850 calories! Can't beat it.   Changing up my routine has helped so much.  I definitely don't regret joining the YMCA.
Today's recipe! I love pancakes. Love love love.  These are great.  Just as easy as a box mix, and you've controlled all the ingredients! The Mailman doesn't love fruit pancakes, so we ate ours plain, but these are just screaming out for some blueberries or bananas.  (PS - don't forget to a - use REAL maple syrup - none of that gross sugar free stuff, it's chemicals! and b- limit the syrup you use! Try simmering the syrup with blueberries or other fruit to get more bang for your buck. )
Recipe after the jump!






Ingredients:
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp stevia
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup unsweet coconut milk (or almond or soy or skim)
1/4 cup egg beaters
2 tbsp melted Brommel & Brown (or butter substitute of choice)

Mix dry ingredients, then wet and combine.  Don't overmix - lumps are ok!





Put a few tbsp of batter on a greased griddle or skillet and flip when bubbles have formed in the batter - golden brown on both sides.




This should yield about 14 pancakes - around 3 -4 servings.

I can't wait to hear how you've made your pancakes! Get creative with it and leave your comments :)


No comments:

Post a Comment